Today was day 9 of training (out of 87 scheduled runs)I am very proud of the fact that even though it has been cold and rainy (today was just cold) I have done every one of my training runs scheduled to date. Today was a short run (20 minutes) in which I ran at a pace it took me 9+weeks of training for the Bellingham race to achieve so I am really excited about that given that I really took about 6 weeks off of training after the Bellingham race so I was expecting to be more back to square one than I am.
I was reading an article the other day that said that you go 2 seconds per mile faster for every pound of weight you lose so when (not if, when) I achieve my goal weight loss for Eugene that should mean that just on weight loss alone (never mind better cardio and strength) I should be able to run the race 17-18 minutes faster than I ran Bellingham in so if that isn't incentive enough to lose the weight amongst all the other reasons I have, I don't know what is.
I felt really good today although it was windy and cold and that always makes the first 5-7 minutes hard to get going as you try to "catch your breath" from the wind. I would prefer to run in the rain over running in the wind so given that I was really pushing the pace today I was pleased with myself for trudging through the wind.
Anyway, day 10 tomorrow, I have a short run scheduled but I think I might go for a longer easy run instead depending on the weather...Feels good to be back running with a purpose again.
til next time,
Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment