Sunday, May 23, 2010

On The Road to Eugene (Day 2)

December 23, 2009

Well Day 2 was supposed to be a full EYS work-out but 25 minutes into it I realized that I had made a massage therapy appointment and so had to cut my exercise short. The other thing I unfortunately realized is that I am now so big in my stomach that anything that I need to do on the floor (crunches, some stretches, etc.) that pushes on my stomach then pushes up into my lungs and makes it hard for me to breathe. This is not a good thing and even more a reason to get my weight down as until then I am going to be challenged to do all the floor work of EYS. I think I will do some “substitutions” for those crunches by using our exercise ball but at this point I am not sure. Not a great eating day yesterday as while we had McDonalds for dinner and I did not super-size my fries, I still had them and then after a long Worship Team music practice at the Church (almost 2.5 hours) I came home and indulged in some chocolate covered almonds (my weakness at Christmas...) But I need to take that I have worked out two days in a row and that if I hadn’t done that the almonds would have been more damaging than they were. At Christmas this is to be expected but I will be glad when the season is over.

I am most proud of myself for working out today because quite frankly I felt really crappy when I woke up and the old me would have used it as an excuse not to work out. But a little cold is not going to stop me this time.

Until tomorrow…

No comments: