Thursday, May 20, 2010

One Small Step for Mike...

OK so it's been over 2 years since I have posted to my blog. I kind of got caught in the natural busy-ness of being a Global Director of an International company and that meant way too many hours with not enough time for Mike.

As it says at the top of the blog I left World Vision in late 2009 after a wonderful 3+ years of service. Over those 3 years I got to see parts of the world I could have only imagined going to see when I was young. I got to meet many wonderful and fantastic people serving the poor around the world and in my own little way I hope that I made a difference and helped those people be able to better serve the poor.

I am forever changed by my 3 years at WVI, God knew when it was time for me to go there and he knew when it was time for me to leave. It's amazing to me that our time is not always his but that his is always the right time.

Thank you to all my colleagues and friends at World Vision. You people are amazing and I am forever grateful that you became a part of my life.

So fast forward to Christmas 2009, as many of you know last June I had decided to train to run a half marathon in Seattle in November 2009, however in September I injured my achilles requiring me to stay away from running for 7 weeks so no race in November for me...so after 3 months rehab we come to Christmas 2009 and I'm ready to try again so I sit down and go through the spring races and decide that I'm either going to run the Eugene Half-Marathon or the Vancouver Half-Marathon both of which are going to be run on May 2nd, 2010.

I decided not to tell anyone right away about this but just to start training right before Christmas, which I did December 22nd with a 20 minute walk.

Over the next few weeks I will post excerpts from my journal "Mikes Journey to good health" culminating with the big day on May 2nd (and beyond)...

I hope you enjoy Mike's "New" Journey (to good health)

No comments: