January 3, 2010
So I’m back at it after missing 5 workouts. I should have known that trying to do something over the Christmas vacation was really dumb but hey I’m forever the optimist. the good news is I only gained 0.6lbs (just over half a pound) over the Christmas vacation, the bad news is that I am so freakishly out of shape cardio-vascular wise that it sucks. After my 5 minute warm-up I started my “running” which took my heart rate up to 164bpm before I had gone 3 blocks. But I fought through it and walked and ran and walked and ran and I am determined and I am going to make this run in May happen. It is 4 weeks until I start full “running” so I need to keep building up my cardio and keep pushing through those moments of self doubt.
January 5, 2010
So second day back after my Christmas to New Years break, on a good note I pushed myself a little harder today and most of my “running” was on the uphill’s as opposed to Sunday where they were mostly the downhill’s. I’m going to keep pushing. Again, I’m not supposed to be at full run until the beginning of February so I just need to keep reminding myself of that fact. Food is still going to be a problem for me for awhile. I “snacked” late last night which was not good and when I finished my run this morning I didn’t eat at the right time either and then lunch was not the best (Wendy’s). but I’m back running and I will take that positive with me right now. I need to keep focused and get things going. I will do a full weigh-in and measurements this Sunday in order to set the milestones for each week leading up to the race. In the meantime, baby steps and I’ll just keep plugging along
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment